A Prediction

Discussion in 'A Song of Ice and Fire' started by A Hobbit, Oct 13, 2016.

1. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I predict that Bran Stark will possess Kalheesi's Drogon and fly to Jon Snow's aid in order to hold the North against the White Walkers. What do you guys think?

2. Cephalophore

Cephalophore New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It's definitely possible! We've spent so much time following Bran's skinchanging training that it seems almost liek a foregone conclusion at this stage for him to possess the most prominent and powerful animals in the series.

3. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    That made me think about how funny it would be if Bran could just possess the Night King and make him kill himself. :D

But yeah, Bran possessing a dragon, I could imagine that. It would finally lead his plot line somewhere. :p

4. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol, I'm happy you guys see the possibility of it. Firiath, it would be too easy. It will take more than Bran to kill the Night King.

I will post my next prediction on this thread very soon!

5. Arkonian Doyle

Arkonian Doyle Escapist

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    it would be epic;)

6. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I agree, Armenian Doyle :)

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. He could warg into Hodor's mind because he was a simpleton. He can't warg into the mind of more intelligent people. Dragons are supposed to be very intelligent, so I don't think he can warg into Drogon.

8. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Cascador, I don't think it will be an easy thing for Bran to do, but I do think it will be an epic battle of wills, and once Bran becomes even more powerful than the Three-Eyed-crow I believe he will win the contest, though not easily.

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I think Bran has a different role than just perform tricks. Dany is the mother of dragons for a reason and in tv series she can control all of them, thus I'm sure that there are no three dragonriders. The Dragon, being Dany, has three heads, that being her three dragons. That was part of the prophecy, which are often misinterpreted. Rhaegar, for example, thought at first that he was the Prince that was Promised. From what I've heard Jon will have an alliance with Dany. She'll make use of her dragons in the battle to come.

Anyway back to my original point. Warging is abusive. Meera and Jojen didn't approve how much Bran would warg. He only would do it in desperate needs later. What makes it more unlikely is that Bran would need to be near Drogon to warg into him and so far I can't see a scenario where that will happen. Drogon is very personal to Dany, as he represents Drogo, her first love. He's like her soul, her Daemon as in His Dark Materials. Taking possession of him would be plain out wrong.

10. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You make some very good points, Cascador, but we can't forget that Jon Snow is the son of Rhaegar, heir to the Iron Throne. So Jon has a legitimate first right to the throne. My next prediction is that a marriage certificate will appear to prove that Rhaegar and Ned's sister were secretly married. Yes, I said it, Robert Baratheon made the assumption that Rhaegar kidnapped her, but I think he didn't know what was really going on. Jon will have Drogon by the end, when he senses the strength of Jon's blood, he'll switch. Jon has a song of ice and fire in his blood and he'll be the King, not Dany ;)

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    No, I think the same on that. I don't think Jon is Rhaegar's bastard son and I only becamore more sure withe tv series. Why would Lyanna give her son a Targaryen name? I know manythink it's Jahaerys,but I've heard rumours that it's Aegon, which is weird, because he already has a son named Aegon.

Jon's claim on the throne is pretty irrelevant, because Jon isn't the kind of guy who would want the throne. I actually read the leaks for season 7 and from what I've seen so far they have been pretty reliable. Won't spoil it though, but I can tell you that you're on the right track of Jon Snow being Rhaegar's legitimate son. Still take it with a grain of salt.

12. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for getting back to you so late, Cascador, but I've been so busy, just never enough hours in a day. You make some very good points and since you have some info for season 7 it'seems hard to go against that. You're right though, Jon never goes for positions of power, but his such a good person that he always gets nominated, lol. I would really like to see him become king of the Seven Kingdoms :)

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I don't really care if he becomes king. If he does, good. If Dany does, good. If nobody does, good. I don't see a different outcome. Since the ending will be bittersweet, maybe their child will rule the seven kingdoms. I don't know. We will have to wait and see.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  14. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure, a dragon is a huge beast, wouldn't it be hard to control?
    And wouldn't it be easier to just ask Dany for help? She controls these dragons anyway :)

15. A Hobbit

A Hobbit New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Julie, I'mean sure it would be very hard to control a dragon, but aside from this Brandon is pretty much useless with his powers, but if he pulled it off now that would be something.

I'mean guessing Dany would be stuck fighting in the South and Jon would have no choice but to have Bran bring one of the dragons North. what do you think?

16. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Your theory is likely based on the Three-Eyed-Crow saying Bran will fly, no? That's just telling him that Bran will become the Three-Eyed-Crow himself. Crows 'fly'. It's not meant to be taken literal. I think Bran will play a different role, instead of just warging into a dragon.

17. Julie

Julie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Everything's possible! It's GRRM after all :)

18. 99ma99

99ma99 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A lot of people think that one of Danys dragons will definitely save Jon from the white walkers but he won't need to be possess to do it. It's said that since Jon is a Targaryen and so one of the dragons will feel a connection to him. But the thought of Bran warging into a Dragon on its own is definitely possible

"You will not walk. But you will fly."

19. bloodfiredeath

bloodfiredeath Die by the Sword

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I loved the books, but the tv series has killed it for me.
    I cannot bring myself to watch it, and I am at peace knowing there will be no more books. (if there is they will be half assed and geared towards the tv series)
    Probably the biggest let down in Fantasy for me ever (Apart from me bothering to read Goodkind).

20. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Here's what I think will happen. Though it's more what happens, I think in the show, rather than the books. Dany will become pregnant of Jon's child. And I think the child will live and possibly Dany as well. Jon will die though, I think. There's something to the tale of Azor Ahai. It's not a manual to know how to destroy the White Walkers. He failed to do so, because he wasn't prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice, as in sacrificing himself. Jon is prepared to make that sacrifice. He'll leave Dany and his unborn child to face the Night King,which is Dany's third betrayal, the one for love. Another reason why I think Jon will die is because characters who come back to life, often return for unfinished business. But after that is done they leave (Think of Gandalf) or die again.