A picture tells the (short) story

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by herzog, Feb 6, 2007.

1. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I would like to start a writing thread that starts with a picture. I will post a picture. The next post will be starting the story leading up to the scene. The post after that will build on that one by describing the picture and a short time after that. The next poster will finish it off and start a new picture for the next story.

The next picture doesn't have to be related to the previous one and the length of the written piece will only be around 100 to 200 words per person so it will be more like a single chapter out of a book.

If I could have people say whether or not they are interested we can make a list of everyone then whoever posts the picture also nominates the next 2 writers that way there will be no overlapping posts and everyone can get a chance. Sound good?

How about some feed back before I post the first picture?

2. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    lets go!!!!111

great idea!!!!!1133254326

3. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Ok kakashi lets take a shot at it just you and I.
    [​IMG]
    you start, I'll take the second bit unless someone jumps in there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    A misty rain fell down upon Dav, as he rode through the moonlite forest. He had a message for Lord Wendell, and he had to get it to him by sun-up, and he was running late, due to the less than good weather. The roads were as muddy as a bog, and his horse kept slipping, in fact, Dav was suprised it hadn't broken a leg yet, and he was very fourtunete that it hadn't. he had never had good luck, so he guessed that this was payback for all of that bad luck. He didn't know, and he couldn't guess. All he wanted to do was get to Haldon's Citadel and deliver the letter to Lord Wendell.

It was getting later and later, and he wasn't making much progress. But he continued on, through the rainy, misty night, humming songs from his childhood, trying to keep his morale up. Not only was he wet, tired, and hungry, but he was starting to get scared. Dav wasn't the scared type, but it was late, and everything seemed to jump out at him. He had heard a bunch of noises, but nothing happened until he saw some movement nearby.

A flash of movement was all Dav saw.... What? No... It wasn't movement in the trees, it was the trees! The trees were coming out of the ground, all around him. Was he dreaming? No, it was much to real. The trees were coming alive. Golems? Ogres? Trolls? No, it was something else. It didn't really matter. He just had to find a way to take them down, or just to get around them.... He just hoped he'd live...

5. Karly-Chan

Karly-Chan ...So Super-Sprode!

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Trees shook with fear, animals fled to safety. They sky was grey and filled with thunder.
    Golems made their way through the forests and fields, leaving chaos in thier wake. The mindless creatures had only one purpose: To destroy the fortress Aldai.

The people in Aldai were quite unaware of what would come. The rampart guard had just changed, when an knight noticed movent. He quickly ran to his superiors.

(I'll add more if I have to...this one I can't get a good idea going...)

6. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty good from both but can we tie them together? I kind of stumped my self with the picture when I saw what kakashi started so I'm currently waiting for divine inspiration. I suck.

Dav kicked his mount into action as one of the great brutes reached for him with malice shining in it's glowing green eyes. Aldai was just past the forest he had to get there!
    He burst from the cover of the trees to see the walls bare and the gate still open. A quick glance over his shoulder proved his worst fears, the creatures were following. Trees crushed under foot, the ground shaking from their pursuit. Dav whipped his horse into frenzied speed and began screaming for help.
    The citadel sat quietly seeming content to soak in the mid day rain.
    Dav flew through the field between the citadel and the forest thinking the worst.
    The worst was yet to come. Soldiers began appearing on the ramparts pointing at the treeline as it thrashed about.
    An alarm went up.
    The gates began to close in front of Davs eyes.They hadn't seen him. They were all watching the attackers and locking him in the middle.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  7. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    There, now we need a picture from someone.

8. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    to the same story, or a different one?

9. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Whatever you want.

10. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
  11. herzog

herzog Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    High above the Southwall Mountains an unfamiliar danger flew.It was a red dragon and he went by the name of Adra Sonaveen. In the old tongue of men it meant heavens wrath but it was a name given when the beast had been a friend and protector to man. A friend to one city in particular. The holy desert city of Baalal, birthplace of the four winds.
    Times had been different for Adra then. His every want had been met during those times in exchange for his protection. It seemed an easy role to fulfill during that time as few were foolhardy enough to cross hundreds of miles of desert to attack. Some nomads came from time to time with and other visitors were pilgrims come to pray. All were quite beneath the notice of a mighty dragon.
    That was how the bad times came.
    Pilgrims came and went until the day that a new religion came to Baalal.Small men from far across the desert and beneath the Southwall mountains came extolling the virtues of a life within Mother Earth. A life within the one who gives all life. At first no one listened. As time went on they gained favour in small amounts. They preached zero tolerance for pagans and heathens and began protests outside of any other holy grounds. They harassed the blessed men and women of the four winds into hiding.
    One thing that came with the religion of Mother Earth was gold and plenty of it. The faith of the rich and poor alike were bought. There seemed no end to the gold available and no end to the new believers.
    When the riots began as the religions clashed the ruling class appealed to Adra for help as half the soldiers in the city had defected. He was meant to protect the city not attack it so he refused anything but the defense of the core of Baalal, the four spired Citadel of the winds.
    The riots ended with only Mother Earths own in the streets. They advanced on the citadel and Adra confidently. What no one suspected was a weakness in Adra. No one but the Head priest of Mother Earth. It had brought this city to it's knees. It would defeat the Dragon as well. Mother Earth had whispered in his dreams that a Dragons greed knew no rival once it was awakened.

12. Kakashi

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0