A new beginning...

Discussion in 'The Kingdom of the Elves' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 4, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    "My name is Hanzo Takeda, and..." In the blink of an eye Vaden vanished from sight. Ray wasn't sure of what to do, but it didn't take long for him to realise Vaden hadn't abandonned him, he just went to greet their guest. Before the newcommer had time to realise it, Vaden's sword was at his throat. "...while your bow skill is admirable, and I can tell you have a decent knowledge of stealth, having gotten this close without me taking notice. However, next time, bring some help, or at least convince your prey you have. Beings like me are very easily able to defeat sharp shooters even in the open when it's clear they have nothing stroger than a bow. That gulf orc may have been easy pickings for you, but most other orcs would have shrugged off that damage and taken you to the abyss with them."

The elf sheathed his sword and turned his back, predictably the human shot for his exposed back, but Vaden disappeared once more, just an illusion. Once more Vaden's sword was at the boy's throat. "See what I mean? You're far too easy to read. Stay a while, you and the other one could both use some honing. Perhaps one day one, or both, of you will be able to best me. Otherwise, be on your way, I may not be so lenient next time." Vaden put his sword away and reappeared by Ray.

"Where did you go?" Ray asked.

"No where, I still haven't taught you illusions yet," Vaden replied.

"What now?"

"Wait," said Vaden. In an instant an arrow flew from the brush, it came with surprising speed, but none the less Vaden caught it out of the air, just as it was inches from his eye. A damn good shot that boy was. The elf threw the missile into the ground. "My offer still stands, what do you say, if you haven't noticed, you won't kill us this day."

2. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 the poor mans old breed

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Dude, my char don't back stab. But thanks for sayin he's a good shot.:)
    I'll let it slide and continue the story though.

3. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    " I might consider 'at, I need somin to help me through 'ere. Please 'sept my 'polageis."Vex said. He climbed down the tree and walked toward the duo eyeing Ray suspishiusly (hope thats spelled right) "What's 'is name?" he inquired. "Ray" said Ray. "Well, I don't like your look Ray, I'll tell you right there"

4. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Sojourning Traveler

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Because of his short temper,he wanted to kill on that very instant.,"I`m sorry have I done something to offend you?"he laughed harshly,"Oh,and don`t try to kill the elve he`s mine to slay,''Ray was talking in a low.Then,in the blink of an eye,rammed a small stick in Vex`s leg,and he pushed him over."Don`t ever disrespect me again or you`ll die!"Ray unsheathed his sword but Vaden pulled him back.

"Don`t harm him,"Vaden said,as always,in an understanding voice.Vaden now saw small flames on the Ray`s back.

After the incident Vex got his leg mended up and Ray slept along time.When he awoke he was still ill-tempered."Why are we still were I`m bored,"He hadden killed anything like his wolves taught him in a while."This human training is boring....fighting or atleast hunting would be nice!".He went on and on and on about being bored.He hadn`t even attempted.
    Then oneday he had a plan to kill the three elves,"Hanzo could you take me to your your...um...homeland it would be a great honor,''Bad for Ray,he wasn`t a good liar.When he got upset or even thought of killing his hair went unmistakably a shade of white and his eyes yellow.

5. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Vaden heard Ray's question, the maddness was still clear in his mind, even though he had since killed Leon, he still had an odd desire to appease the wish of his surrogate brother. Vaden knew the boy's true intent simply by looking at him as he spoke. Ray's ring revealed anytime he was lying by changing the color of his hair and eyes. Vaden showed no change on his face, instead, he desided on a different method.

"Very well, we shall depart in the morning." The fact of the matter was, Vaden hadn't been raised by elves, he'd been brought up on the steppes, the land of the orcs. However, he'd long since left his true homeland, and claimed the deserts of Chergai as his home, where he lived among the desert tribes, made up of many races, and many of them were nearly on par with Vaden himself.

They departed in the morning as Vaden had promised, he didn't tell them the coarse they would be taking, but he planned on using the longest route possibly, mostly because he knew Ray wouldn't like the sea travel, and had a feeling Vex wouldn't either, and that's one thing they'd need to be able to get over in life.

6. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    "Ahhhhhhhhhh...we`ve been walking for hours!,"Ray was getting tired,hungery,and thirsty."Were are all the...um....elves,"he had calmed himself quickly.,"I hate the desert,"once again whining."I thought elves lived in forests were it`s nice and cool,"

"You never said anything about seeing elves Ray,"Vaden said."We are seeing my homeland not my kind."

"What how am I gonna ever see an elve then?"He fell down,"I give up,".Then he remembered somthing he`d seen in the desert,"Don`t you have a gryphon?!We don`t need to walk!"He was now so dumb-founded by his own lack of common since.

"Oh I may have one but-,"Vaden was mumbling,he`d been caught in the middle of a sentence by Ray.

"We could`ve atleast taken a boat you know!I built a rotten raft of logs and crossed the sea,"Ray was having fun with this he felt like a kid.Ray started to laugh and forgot killing the elves,about his brothe,about everything,but it was over as soon as it started.Ray gott off the ground and spat in anger."Your the reason that ship owner hired me,don`t do stuff behind my back like that,"

7. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    "If I hadn't done that you'd be dead on the streets of Ank'bag. As for the griffon, she doesn't like carrying more than one passenger, only Skyguards will allow it. As for your apparent fatigue, perhaps if you didn't spend so much of the day asleep you'd be in better condition," Vaden spoke to provoke Ray into action, he wanted to see how Ray would react to his next trick.

Ray attacked as he suspected, however when the boy came into striking distance he fel through Vaden, literally. He looked up and Vaden was gone. "In the desert the mirage is one of the most powerful weapons one can hold, once a man learns to use this he is able to confuse foes and mislead them with the utmost ease." Ray was clearly unhappy with this and attacked again. This time something heavy knocked him off of his feet. He looked up to see a beautiful horse with a man in turban and mask and bracers on his legs.

"Ashek, wonderful timing."

"We were wondering when you would return Nadev. I was not expecting you would bring, guests," Ashek said, clearly uttering his displeasure at the word guest. The people of the desert were very distrusting of outsiders. They had only really accepted Vaden because he had ended the orc raids on their cities. None the less he took them to the small encampment that Ashek and his men had set up. They lived well outside the city, which was no where in sight. But they would still get a good look at the culture of these peope.

Dervishes of many races, highly skilled in desert combat, which involved little armor but amazing skill in evasion, even if Ray chose to go invisible they would clearly see the marks his feet left in the sand. As well there were blade dancers, cavaliers, priests and many other people of the sand.

8. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Vex was so hungry that he could have eatin a Pheonix.The Pheonix! That was it! He sat down cross legged and closed his eyes.Slowly he chanted.Danno con ney sento non, treymy nasi co.

After doing this 3 times he ended with a Treno! Suddenly out of the wind, the Pheonix appered. His life-long friend. "How are ye my friend!?"he said,"meet an Elf, told you I would let you see one up close!"

"So you did" said the Pheonix in a echoey voice as he circled Hanzo. "I am the Pheonix, how do you do?"

9. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    "I am the Pheonix, how do you do?"

It had been long since Vaden had seen such a creature, but this one seemed much younger than others he'd met. He wasn't aware pheonix's bred. Either way it was nice to see one again, though he wasn't sure how Ray would react. Never the less you couldn't break such a beast, so Vaden pushed the notion out of his mind. "Quite well thank you master pheonix. I am Hanzo Takeda, I hope you do not mind that I have taken Vex under my, figurative, wing?" The bird didn't protest, so any worry Vaden might have had was gone.

Not long after that Ashek summoned Vaden into one of the tents of the camp. He didn't like the thought of leaving Ray alone, but he desided it would be fine. Within the tent, in addition to Ashek were a Sun Prophet, a Myrmadon, and most interesting, a desert bladestaker. Vaden was unsurprised by this last bit, but man would be, the bladestalkers were usually the bane of the desert people, but this one was a valuable ally. This conference would be one of great importance to some coming events.

10. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    *not part of story*Ive been gone a whole sorry ile come up with something

11. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    It had been many years since that day in the desert. Ray and Vex had both grown greatly in their time under Vaden's tuteledge. Vex's skill with a bow had surpassed Vaden's own, and he had managed to learn the craft of the soul bow. He no longer needed a bow or arrows, he could simply form them out of pure energy with his mind. Ray's ring had revealed some new powers, but it had taken greatly from his mind. It was one day, after Vex had all but left studying under Vaden to live as a warrior for the kingdoms that finally, Ray made his next attempt on Vaden's life...

"Where are we going Hanzo? We've been in this bloody place for ages!" Ray demanded

"Time in the blasted lands is good for you. It strengthens your body, and improves your endurance greatly," Vaden responded.

Ray was sick of this, he was strong enough! He had been to several cities, but somehow they had never encountered any elves! He wasn't aware that Vaden had taken special care to make sure it stayed this way. Well Ray didn't care, he would kill Vaden, avenge Leon, and then find and kill two other elves. Now he would strike!

Ray activated his ring and quickly attacked. With one mighty blow he sent Vaden into a nearby cliff face. In addition to it's original powers the ring now empowered Ray to spit flames and control plant life. Luckily for Vaden there was very little plant life in the blasted lands, still, he'd been caught unawares by Ray, he peeled himself from the wall just in time to avoid another attack from his student.

Vaden drew his swords and attacked the flames that showed where Ray was, or so he thought. Ray attacked from behind, the flames had been an illusion. Very good Ray, it seems you did learn something over the years... Vaden managed to evade the strike and open a wound across Ray's chest. Ray quickly recovered from the pain and attacked again. The two continued to battle for some time, and it seemed as thought they were evenly matched, however the fight soon turned to Ray's favor. He started to beat Vaden savagely, until Vaden's griffon intervened.

The beast tore at Ray's body, causing great damage, but alas, the power of Ray's ring was too great, he fought the beast away, tore off it's wings, and eventually beat it to death. Vaden regained his footing and attacked with renewed vigor. He cut at Ray, and it seemed he was beginning to win, but the beasts of the blasted lands would not be so kind. They attacked, attracted by the smell of blood and the sound of battle. They came from everywhere and attacked without mercy. Still Vaden fought on, determined to end this thing between he and Ray. Then came Vaden's next ace in the hole. That beast from whom Ray had taken the ring appeared, much earlier than was originally expected.

The monster went right for Ray, giving Vaden the opportunity to focus his energies on the animals from the countryside. Ray's battle with the beast was hard and brutal, and made no easier by Vaden using his illusions to confuse and disorient Ray.

But they both battled on, it was a bloody war, more terrible and hard than many of the ancient wars from the time of mists. Still on they fought, ignoring their wounds, focusing on these old grudges. Ray was forced to fight against both the beast and Vaden, but Vaden's training served him well. He was able to equal them both blow for blow. It seemed as though neither side would be able to gain an advantage. Still there was no end in sight, the battle continued for days, the heavens themselves began to rumble as the fight went on. The gladiators continued to fight, the fires burning in their souls were beyond compare, but alas, eventually, one side was bound to gain the advantage.

Ray was tired, he was terribly wounded, and the numbers game was against him. Finally his fight came to an end, his body gave up, and he met his end at the tip of Vaden's sword. Ray's last words were indistinguishable through the blood that filled his mouth. He fell to the ground, and finally gave up. Vaden took the ring off of his finger, and looked to the beast that had helped him defeat Ray.

"Elf, I intend fully to collect my payment. Now, fulfill your end of our bargain," the monster demanded.

"That won't be happening creature, I intend to destroy this ring, but not before I send you to hell where you belong once and for all!" Vaden shouted back.

The beast let out an awful roar and attacked. Vaden responded in kind, and the two continued as if Ray were still alive. Their conflict was heard for miles, and as they waged this duel, the rain began to fall. It first fell in simple droplets, but quickly began to fall in a torrential downpour. But that wasn't enough to stop them. They fought on through the cold bitter rain, soon the land began to flood, and they moved up to higher ground, never ceasing from their conflict. Every blow was met by one it response, they seemed equally resolved to win this duel.

There was no end in sight, they fought through the rain until it stopped, and on they fought. Vaden seemed to have gained a slight advantage, until he lost his footing and nearly fell from the cliff. He managed to grab the cliff side, but it seemed to be pointless, the beast stood above him and prepared to swat him into the abyss, but Vaden's final ace revealed itself. There was a flash above the two combatants, and a tremendous force sent the beast flying through the air as Dravis, Vaden's dragon kin ally appeared. Vaden pulled himself from the cliff side and watched Dravis battling the monstrosity.

The dragon kin was massive in his own right, but the monster was still much larger. Dravis made up for this by possessing an astonishing amount of magical skill. He wielded a tremendous mace, the size of a pillar, against the brute, and used it as if it were a toy. Dravis was easily the superior combatant of the two, and demonstrated this repeatedly as their fight continued onwards.

Finally, after several hours more of conflict, Dravis was able to triumph. He tossed Vaden something to eat and they spoke for a long time. Vaden was going to bury Ray back in the desert that was once his forest home. It was starting to regrow, and Vaden knew, despite the curse, Ray would want to help it grow, even if it was as fertilizer. As for the ring, Vaden gave it to Dravis to dispose of, knowing that the dragon kin wouldn't be tempted by such and item. Yes, finally this was all over, perhaps now, it was time for Vaden to get his, his own fresh start, a new beginning...

12. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    It had been some time since Vex had seen Vaden and Ray.Ray.For some strange reason he could not stop thinking about Ray.There seemed to be an absence and it tore at Vex constantly.Why was he suddenly carring for Ray?He had vowed to kill Vex the night before he left them.Something was definately wrong.

Vaden walked toward the spot were he killed Ray.It took a while because the fight with the monster had extended almost a mile away.But somthing was amiss. Ray was not there, but in his place there were 3 strange creatures with burning eyes, head and wings of a hawk, and the body of a man."The Egos demand that the soul of this boy be revived.He shall take the form of a wolf, like he was razed. He shall fight along side you.You, and two others.

13. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Vaden looked upon the bird like beasts with an expressionless face. They wanted to bring him back. Vaden didn't know why, nor did he really care. It had been a long brutal fight, he was exhausted, and he didn't see any reason to continue fighting. He considered what they said and finally spoke up. "Very well, do as you must," there was no defeat in his voice, he wouldn't show that kind of weakness, but he knew there was no point in resisting.

14. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Vaden blacked out. He awoke to the form of Ray standing over him."I'm hungry"said Ray,"and when are we leaving this place?"Confused, Vaden got up and pulled out some hard tack from his sack and tossed a piece to Ray.The boy doesn't remember a thing.He thought.Strange beast, these Egos.

"'Ello there 'Aden!" said a voice out of nowhere."Any chance oie could get me a bit 'o vikkles?" It was Vex, and he had on one of his rare smiles.

15. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    (here's the deal I have no internet and have to use my sisters)

The illusion faded from Vaden and before him stood a white wolf,with wings like an angle,and next to him stood a figure that looked exactly as Ray did before his defeat but he was the darkest of colors,and off his body came pitch black flames.The evil figure shot off like a rocket into the sky and Vaden saw Vex was as dumbfounded as always by a sight not so usual to this earth.

The wolf spoke in a great,misty voice,"Do not be afraid of me I am half of a whole the yin of Ray.The other creature you saw was pure chaos.I and that thing fought for Ray's body for as long as he had lived...the evil won and the curse appeared.The way you see me is a chaotic-beast but the evil spirit is in the human.Vaden,yes I know your true name,you set me free and saved my life and you Vex have become such a good hunter of the orcs that even I am amazed.All-and-all this area is at peace"

The wolf sighed and layed down for a long rest.

16. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    (I laugh at you. HAHAHA. K im done.)

17. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    this stinks...all the RPGs in the Kingdom are dead

18. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Yeah, that happens.

19. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Have you noticed how, since they killed the spam sections post count, Ray gets 1 post on every other day?

20. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Personally I'm glad they did it, otherwise I still wouldn't know what goes on in other sections.