A new beginning...

Discussion in 'The Kingdom of the Elves' started by I. R. Shogun, Nov 4, 2006.

1. I. R. Shogun

I. R. Shogun Midnight Demon

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    (I'm making a new thread for this, mostly out of respect for the storyline myself, Chaipaku, and dearest Via created around a year ago.)

far in the east a poor boy,only 13,rides on a wolf he is having so much fun.His name is Ray,wich in his language means Unstable One,and his only clothing is rags and a small ruby ring.He is riding his brother Leon Melania the prince of the Wolf Samurai.The tribe as humans and all other creatures are concerned have disapeard,the only other things besides wolves is Ray.He has black hair and deep brown eyes he gets off and smiles, he never saw his real parents or humans for that matter!He cant speak but instead uses growls,body language,and howls.he spears a rat and gives it to Leon who inturn licks him

the next few years he grows on small game he learns how to talk by listening to people passing by and so does Leon.They talk about things,nothing special,but oneday he asks why he looked different."Listen Ray you are..eh..differnt because..."he sighs"you are human
    not wolf.Ray not so stunned as he was scared there was somthing inside of him boiling.It felt as he was being eaten from the inside out...then it happend a huge beast came from the ground and Leon ran in fear,while the boys riing started glowing a black,blacker than the night it was evil.

The boy grasped the ring and to his suprise turned invisable and couldnt control himself and started at the beast and hit the monster it fell but Ray felt as iif he was on fire...and he Was!His whole body engulfed in flames it didnt burn his flesh or damage him in any way but instead it gave him power,power like he had never felt

The fight lasted for days but Ray finaly won he took two L shaped teeth from the monster and would use them as daggers for the rest of his life.

(originally by raycaptain)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    He had been walking for days, he hadn't bothered to stop, drink or eat anything, and it was begining to take it's toll on him. His already sickly body was on the virge of collapse, but he still pressed on, despite learning just what it meant to hunger again. It was not but two weeks before he had been in one of the most beutiful cities in all the land. He had single handedly, through sheer force of will, brought that city, and two others to their knees, usurped the corrupt out dated mage order, and then been run out by a man whose true identity he would never know. Stranger...

Finally he came to a great wood, there he stopped, killed a few rabbits and quickly roasted and ate them. He toyed with the idea of getting some sleep, not because he needed it, he'd been raised in such a way that he never needed to, but it was a luxury he occasionally enjoyed. He desided against it and quickly began to move again. He covered a good distance before he came to something that caught his interest very greatly.

It was the corpse of a great beast, among the biggest he'd seen. It's body was littered with wounds, and it's fangs had been pulled from its tremendous maw. He studied the body, it was a fresh kill, and it was very sloppily done. The elf stood and looked around, two sets of tracks moved away from the area. One was made by a wolf, but the pair he was more interested in, were those of a human, which had apparently slain the thing. He had then followed the wolf. He began to follow the tracks through the forest until he came to the beast and boy.

It was amazing to him, the human, the monster's killer, was no more than maybe sixteen in the ages of men, and he carried no weapons. Or so he thought, upon closer notice he saw a red ring upon the boy's hand. So that was the source of his strength.

Now he made himself known to the boy and his wolf, stepping into the open for them to see, he left his blades sheathed for now. "Boy, my name is... Hanzo, are you the one who killed that black beast back there?"

3. RayCaptain

RayCaptain Sojourning Traveler

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    "Yes"Ray said,he was on his knees"please don`t hurt me im only a poor.."he stopped"A poor wolf"he finished.And he drew the fang in defence and fled.

He left the elve and went to the den were he was denied by his own.It was terriable they all growled as if he was a hunter come to kill them and the pups,but the worst was Leon who seemed ready to kill him. "What have I done to you"asked Ray.Leon snarled in rage "You have killed our GOD Ray" Ray knew of no god but left.The days to folo were bad Ray had to catch his own food and after a few days his hair got lighter and lighter untill it was white and his eyes were tinted yellow,he was going insane.One day he set off to find food and tripped. He got up and looked back to his horror he saw it was a skeleton of a samurai body. From it he found a cross bow and short sword.He got up and saw he was on a battlefield.To the west a great castle and in his midst death.

He was on a battlefield as big as 1000 of the beast he had slain.It was samurai and knights slewn across the field.He searched the field and found goodbye notes to wives and children.He entered the castle and found crossbow amo and suplies,such as axes, tinder boxes,and clothes.He set off and made a raft out of rotten logs and crossed the Great Sea.

After some days and many eaten fish he found himself in a city it was horriable it smelled like decay and it was filled with ugly,stupid,green creatures...orcs!He found and ducked behind a pub and went to sleep and dreamed of the beast he had slain swearing his revenge.He awoke to find a small pack of food was somone looking out for him?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  4. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    The elf watched the boy run off, obviously he'd never had much interaction with something other than a wolf before. Vaden followed him back to the cave where more of the wolves stayed. It seemed they had turned on him, no longer welcoming the human they must have raised from a young age. Orphan... the elf thought, recalling his own past, he knew what it was like to be raised by something outside your own blood, but his decision to leave his foster home had been his own, he hadn't been forced.

He continued to follow the boy for some distance, when he came to the scene of a great battle, forgotten for some time. The boy made a raft out of old rotten logs, he was fairly resourceful, but he had no idea where he was going. He set out across the great sea, Vaden continued pursuit, but did so from the sky, on the back of his fallen griffon. They were in his homeland now.

The boy eventually wandered to a city built by orcs. He was obviously afraid of them, and hid within the town. Vaden knew this city well, it was one of the few cities where orcs stayed in any number, he had spent many days here himself while they were raising him. Vaden kept a watchful eye on the child, making sure no ill came to him. When it became apparent the boy knew nothing of fending for himself in this place Vaden gathered some bread, modest meat and a canteen of water and laid them near the boy in a pack, then left for the time being, but he'd sson return to watch over the boy.

5. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Ray ate it and then relized and called "come out elve"in a half growl of fear.He pulled out his cross bow and loaded it.Ray sniffed the air as he was taught when only four years of age.
    "Why are you helping me.I have been banished,left to die by my own kind"and broke down crying"By my own brother!".He dropped the cross bow and it went off nearly hitting an orc who inturn ran sreaming for someone.Ray pulled himself together and ate the rest of the food..."Im sorry"he called as if talking to a close friend from far away,not knowing of elves good hearing,"im...eh..upset...if you wish you can come out if not,don`t"now laughing.

He layed down and laughed.Then stopped shifted his head and drew his sword."Hay elve it would be nice if you could help!" some orc "authority" were coming with spears drawn.The boy dropped his sword and went down on all four feet and growled.He reverting to instinct. Rays eyes were getting very yellow.Evil growls came from the boy and in an instant kill the orcs.

6. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    "Why are you helping me.I have been banished,left to die by my own kind, By my own brother!" The boy was rambling, he was lost, confused, the elf only wondered just how his mind worked. It wasn't long before the boy stormed off, he'd shot an orc by accident, apparently having planned that arrow for him. An interesting plan, however foolish it may be.

Soon he was attacking the orc peace keepers. He was doing fairly well, attacking as the wolf he was raised to be. None the less, no good would come from this confrontation. The elf had to move quickly. He leapt down into the melee, stricking the boy in his pressure points, knocking him out in an instant. The elf looked to the orcs as he hefted the boy over his shoulder. They recognized him, and didn't dare challenge him. "He won't be a problem again," was all the elf said as he leapt up to the roof tops and quickly left the city for a nearby forest, knowing the boy would be easier to speak with in a more comfortable setting.

In a few minutes the boy regained consciousness. "That was very foolish, what you did there. You could have... would have been killed, if I hadn't stopped you, you would have fallen, in due time."

"You don't know anything about me..." the boy began, he quickly fired a bolt from his crossbow, but this was effortlessly caught by the elf who snapped it in half.

"I know more than you think boy. You need direction, I can give that to you, but you also lack respect, if you don't learn that quick, I'll have to instil it in you the hard way. You're a human, that means I'll have to teach you quickly. But then again your race has never had a hard time turning your short lives into drive to work harder. So, what do you say, shall I teach you, or leave you alone to die?"

7. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    "I-I don`t know...the losses of your people....if I befriend an outsider."Ray sighed and put down his weapons,"We MUST do this in secret!If not you and I are doomed,"the boy sighed slightly,"Let us start.I am Ray and im not sure but you are Hanzo?"the boy was trying to sound confident.He tried his best to not act wolf but he needed help.

After training (to be "human") Ray showed the elve how to communicate to wolves and how to survive,even though Hanzo new how he played along.The boy felt at home but wondered what his home was now...Ray had a dream,his wonderful forest home a desert all were starving now.He awoke screaming,"The beast is here he`s not dead,he`s not dead!" .He was right a huge rumble shook the forest and many trees died instantly in the face of the thing.It called ,"Unstable One come and fight without your ring,I WANT IT BACK"it roared,fire and magma came from its mouth.

Ray excaped the elve after using sobt leaves to put him to sleep.Then as if caught by a hook was drawn to the thing.Once again the ring grew black and Ray felt strength."Kill the boy"the beast told the elve from miles away."He is a betrayer a killer of his own kind,"the beast was having fun it seemed trying to turn fiends against eachother."It is not my kind I am a human,"Ray now unknowingly not being seen,because the ring masked him in a cloak of iunvisability."I will finish you now if you wish or you can leave,"Ray half-dead with fear now right infront of him but still cloaked by the ring then again attacked the monster and again it fell."I said give me my ring and I will leave".The beast was raged and plainly in much pain were the boy hit him.Now the boy knew what to do,were to hit and the fight did not last long.The monster knew something the boy didn`t,the more the ring was used the more it would kill him inside.The monster went in the planet never to show his face for a 100 years,he would plot to get the ring and wait for the boy to become old and battle-scared.

The boy returned and revived the elve,the boy lied,"There was an earthquake,and you slept threw it!".Then Ray went to sleep.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2006
  8. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    (Slow your posts down Ray, allow more time for character interaction, otherwise this will be over really fast)

Vaden awoke, awoke, that wasn't right... The boy had put him to sleep, vaden spat into his hand and sniffed... sobt... the child was hiding something. He glanced over to see the boy had returned, fear obvious in his eyes. "There was an earthquake,and you slept threw it!" Vaden's eyes narrowed as the boy drifted into sleep. Vaden had tricks of his own however. In the orc tribes it was called prophet sight, and while he was no shaman, he had honed this talent to a fine point.

He walked over to the sleeping boy and cut open his own finger, dripping one drop onto the boy's head, he hadn't bathed in soime time, he wouldn't notice the dried blood. It allowed Vaden a powerful ability to read the boy's thoughts, in particular the last few hours. So the beast had come back, and then left once more. There was something about that ring the boy wore that the monster desired. Vaden knew better than to toy with magical items while on their owners person, and his insight into mage craft had since left him. He would have to wait, he would have to take the boy to someone who knew a great deal about magics, and he had someone in mind...

9. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 the poor mans old breed

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Before you ask, I got permision from Ray to be in this rp.

10. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Vex looked down his arrow shaft. He had been hunting this orc for a long time. He listened....suddenly there was a stiffled grunt that came from the bushes. He drew back his string and let the arrow fly. A satisfying squeal reached his ears the hunt was over.

11. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    The boy awoke and rubbed his head,he had no idea the elve knew,and complained of a headache,"Ow...my head is killing me,''.Then as if struck by lightning he remembered what he told Hanzo,guilt spread through him like wildfire,''The beast it-"Ray started "I know,"Vaden said.There was aa pause and then they went back to training and the boy felt safe again.

Back in the far east,over the great sea,as the boy had thought it was a desert fear of starvation now lingered in the air.Leon was now king that his father Morvo had died and now Leon,still inraged by Ray,took his anger out on anything he could.Leon complained,"I am tired,hungry,and thirsty.Bring me food now!".Demands like this were usually the most kindess things he said all day.His anger turned to hate and out of thin air ordered Ray too death.The pack set out to find a way over the Great Sea.

(this next part is to by time for the RPG)
    After some training the boy rested this kind of "work" was a strain to his instinct of being a wolf.Ray found it so painful not knowing his packs condition that one night,once again,he use a sobt leaf on the elve.,"I`le be back soon enough," Ray told himself,he wasn`t even half sure of what he was doing.He set out on his on leaving a note to Vaden that said told was doing.He thought it would be more of a family reunion not a death trial.After working his way through the woods and back through the orc city,he to had to find a way across the great sea.His raft was gone (most likely high tide got it) and this would take days even weeks before he might find a crossing!He got his samurai armor on and readied for what might be a battle weaving in and out of places he did not know to find the ones who wanted him dead the most

12. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Vaden woke shortly after Ray had left, sobt didn't usually effect him like it had before, the boy had gotten lucky that time. Vaden read Ray'd scrawled note, the boy could hardly write, but it got the point across. Vaden quickly moved to pursue. Ray had actually covered his tracks this time, but not well enough, Vaden had been trained by the best hunters of his tribe, there was only one man he'd never been able to trace, Stranger...

He shook the thought from his head as he continued in his chase. It wasn't difficult to find Ray, he had gone back to the orc city, Vaden had no trouble gathering information on his whereabouts. It was no time at all before he'd found Ray again, but he kept his distance, making sure Ray knew nothing about his pursuit. It wasn't difficult, Ray was raised by hunters, he wasn't used to being prey, he didn't know how to feel a pursuer, or how to avoid them. Vaden did, only once had anyone come close to besting him. Stranger...

Ray clearly ad no idea where to go next. He'd strapped on his armor, and was aimlessly wandering around, trying to find a way across the sea. Vaden desided to grease the wheels. He spoke to a ship captain, and convinced the man to try to hire Ray for passage across the sea. Ray would think it was simply a stroke of luck, it was clear the boy was still in desparate need of Vaden's help, what's more, Vaden could sence something bad in the future, without his help, he was certain Ray wouldn't last long.

13. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Ray found the ship owner,and like Vaden had planned took a job,he was now a carpanter.He hated the job and hit himself endless time with the hammer,stuck twice by nails,and the saw was sharp,Ray had figgured that out the hard way.He got seasick a few times and didn't like the idea of someone driving a ship besides himself.Covered in bandages and with still hurt thumbs got off the boat."Oh no!What has happened to my home?"Ray asked himself.The forest had become a wasteland.Not even shrubs grew on this desolate plain of pure heat and sand.He walked for miles and miles but still no brother,nothingness.It was another two days of walking the coastline before he saw life again,a small,old rabbit.He killed and ate it.

After a short time time Ray came to a mountain,one that he couldn`t remeber being there before,he left not knowing on top he could end all his troubles by giving the ring to the old man that lived atop.On the other side of the mountain(very large mountain)was the wolf pack wich had died to just eight wolves."Were is te cursed boy?"snarled Leon."More than likely in the Unkown West.I heard it`s ran by demons like orcs,elves,humans and-",Leon attaked the wolf who had spoke the words."Respect anyone who is family.Even the boy.He may not deserve it but we must give it!"with those words he moved on with life and hunting down Ray.

In a day or so the two of them met,Ray and Leon,in a sandstorm."Who is that,"came a muffeled cry from RAy,who now thought shipwork wasn`t so bad."It is I king of the wolves.Ray not knowing of his wolf fathers death thought it was Morvo,wise and powerful yet kind and gentle."He will understand!"thought Ray.When they found shelter and ray took off al the armor but the fine black cloth,"I`m soory I attaked the beast Morvo.Leon was angry and sent me away I befriened an elve,I think it was atleast" Leon then relized who he was listening to Leon attaked gnashing his deeply fangs into Ray`s arm.Ray fled and barly got away.He fell after running many miles he knew he would be found and eaten after the sandstorm was over.When it was over the wolves gathered ready to kill,"Wait"ordered Leon,"Let him bleed so he won`t put up a fight!"the wolves started to leave but then Ray called out,"Wait will you help me please...brother?are you....still there?''he was loosing blood.Leon turned and seemed to have planned this all along,"What should I help you for.You killed our god destroyed our home.Leon laughed,"but there is one thing..''What anything,please,''Ray said.Leon grinned,he had gotton what he wanted,''Go and kill three elves:the one you befriended,a royal one,and....who cares.Bring three dead elves and we`ll help."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2006
  14. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    "So it seems the wise king of the wolves was succeeded by an equally wise son..." Vaden seemed to appear out of no where, but this was not the case. He was reered on the steppes, he knew how to hadnle sandstorms very well, the dust had clouded the wolve's sence of smell, allowing for him to manuver around them with ease until he saw fit to appear. It was perfectly effective, the wolves were startled by his appearance, and they began to move to surround him. This wouldn't occur however, as Vaden always kept an ace ready.

There was a loud thud as the griffon landed heavily behind him, the sound enhanced it's presance and almost made it seem even larger. The wolves wouldn't typically be detered by this, but it had been long since they'd eaten, whereas Vaden and the griffon were very well nourished. "Tell me wolf, what good is a god that can be struck down by a small human boy?"

Leon snarled, "That is none of your concern elf, insult him again and I will tear you down myself!" Vaden simply smirked, not even moving to draw his sword. He wasn't sure how Ray would react to this situation, but he had to prepare for the worst, the power of that ring was great, but he was still far faster and more experienced than Ray, and even with it's powers, Vaden had more than one ally in these wastes. He signalled for the griffon to take to the sky once more, it wouldn't go far, but it would displace iutself enough that the wolves couldn't see or smell it, that was all Vaden needed of it.

"I've seen and slain greater beasts than you wolf. But if you're so adamant about killing those who've given this boy aid, why not challenge me yourself?" he knew Leon wouldn't dare challenge him, the prospect of becomming griffon chow never sat well with wolves, but Vaden had a feeling he may soon have to face Ray, and give the boy his first true test.

15. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    Kill three elves!He couldnt believe it.Then he saw it...Vaden talking to Leon,it angered him to even think of Vaden teaming with Leon.Anger..no...RAGE had set over the boy.He had been betrade."You two will die now and disapeared with his ring,now invisable he scurried up the steppe and attaked.Vaden,not being able to see the boy summoned his gryphon and fled.

Leon now by himself fought as wolves do.Ray tore his throat as soon as it started.He was now the king of wolves."I`le avenge you Leon,''he wispered and set off to find Vaden this time his journey would be for blood.there was a detore though in his rage he went even further east instead of west and found nothingness.He was were no one was supposed to be in The Demons of the East`s Lair.Fortune was on his side the demon was killed years ago but still rugged land and other creatures hardened the boy.

Ray would not see anything but the evils of the lair for many weeks and ate nothing but what he killed.He walked through the lands and saw dragons of such size and furocity it haunted him for the rest of his life.He found small things that ate nothing but fear and folowed the boy for a few days then he somthing happened somthing terriable the killing the beast had talked of a few years ago started.Two scars apeared,they were a symble of the cursed.He would only die in a fight but constantly be sickly.He finaly just slept for as long as he could everyday.The boy now able to control most of his ring(all the powers he had right now)finaly found his way out without being attaked much...

16. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Vaden took to the sky shortly after Ray vanished, fighting invisible beings wasn't worth his time for now. Ray easily dispatched Leon, taking the position of king of the wolves. "I`ll avenge you Leon," the boy said to himself. Vaden didn't like the sound of that, the ring seemed to have a corrupting effect on his mind. None the less, Vaden would not interfere in the boy's life again for some time. Ray wanted his blood, and because of that, Vaden would need to know what he was capable of before engaging him.

So he watched the boy from a distance, even as he traveled into the dank caverns once ruled by a mighty demon, now overrun with vermin and dragons. Vaden had walked these lands before, when he was the vessel for the lich, but now, seeing these lands with pure eyes was most unpleasant even for a hardened veteren such as he. Still he trekked on, tracking the boy, watching him grow as he hardened his body. Vaden made sure to note every injury, and every strength he showed, knowing all too well the boy was likely to challenge him when he revealed himself again.

Finally, Ray reached the other side on the desolation. He entered into the neighboring lands south of the deserts he'd called home when they were green. The land was as flat as the steppes that had reered Vaden, and so this would be where he would reveal himself to Ray. It was upon the one lone tree stump that sat upon the flat land. It had been cut years ago, and was just starting to regrow. Vaden stood upon the old stump, so Ray would recognise him when he arrived.

Ray ccame shortly and looked upon Vaden. The time in the desolation was still clear in his eyes, as was the memory of that day in the desert months ago. Then Ray recognised Vaden's face, and his eyes narrowed in rage. "You, Hanzo, you betrayed me! It was because of you that I had to kill my brother!"

Vaden's face did not change, but he noted the large curse mark the boy wore, he hadn't noticed it before, but that explained why his madness had increased. "I am not the one who ended his life, and I believe if I hadn't been there, you would have tried to kill me, is that not so?" Ray wouldn't listen, he quickly envoked the power of his ring and attacked. He disappeared, for a moment, but quickly was visible again, but not by the power of the ring. Vaden could see the flames that covered the boy's body, that would normally complicate things, but Vaden knew the boy lacked experience against a foe so wily as he, or his allys...

Vaden easily avoided Ray's first strike, and many follow up attacks. Ray had lasted this long purely on the power of the ring, as the monster he'd taken it from had relyed on pure power, Vaden was disappointed the boy seemed to have forgotten everything he'd taught him. None the less, Vaden wouldn't let that stop him, Ray needed to know he could not wn this way.

The elf leapt into the air and kicked Ray hard in the chin, somehow his feet did not catch flame. Ray staggered back and held his chin in pain, a mistake that showed his lack of experience against a well hardened foe. Vaden slammed the hilt of his sword into the boy's temple, causing him to fall to his knees. Vaden capitalised on Ray's damaged state, and continued on this way. The fight remained one sided for some time. Each time Ray caught his breath Vaden simply avoided his attacks and turned the battle in his favor once again.

Finally Ray had had enough, he deactivated his ring and sat crouched on one knee, breathing heavily, blood came from several open wounds on his body. "So what now Hanzo? Will you kill me?"

Vaden put his weapons away. "Know this boy, if I wanted you dead you would not have made it this far. If you still desire my blood then you'll have to push that desire aside, you're not nearly strong enough to defeat me yet. So I'll give you a choice. You can continue to train with me, and perhaps become strong enough to kill me one day, or I can leave you here, to fend for youself, until that beast returns and kills you when you least expect it. So, what is your choice?"

17. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Vex had just enough time to eat before he got moving. He was a wandering boy that had no place to go, though he liked to pretend he did. He was about 14 and an expert shot with a bow. Besides his bow, he carried a short Elven sword, even though he was of men. Everywere he went he would pick up a walking stick. He knew not where he came from,no one did. He was clad in a simple cloak. He had 263 marks on the inside part of his cloak.Each one was for a kill he had made.So he went on, with no place to go, unawere of who he would later meet.

18. RayCaptain

Ratings:
    +450 / 3 / -10
    "I like the sound of killing you,"Ray laughed,"I will train again but remember to sleep lightly!If you wish you could take me to your lands,the land of elves,or I could find it myself,"the flames were fading,his hair not so white."If you ever turn your back or lose focus....you`ll die!".

He smiled and walked out of the desert back to the area were he was to train.Now king and less angered after a day or two he was calm,not a single atempt to kill Vaden or even injure him.He still dreamt of the fight with the wolf god but it didnt bother him,he was used to disturbing things after what had happeed in the demon lair.

Oneday,while training,an orc raced by screaming for his life.It ran behind a bush and an arrow folowed.There was a loud grunt and then silence.A shadow raced away from about 150 yards away.Ray went over and pulled the arrow out he asked,"Do you know how to fire like this?"

(sorry this was really short)

19. I. R. Shogun

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -0
    Vaden only smirked at Ray's responce, I don't sleep, and you'd be surprised just how rarely my back faces anyone... he thought. Ray was still far too inexperienced to be a threat to Vaden, even with that ring. None the less, there were far more important things to worry about for now. They continued to train, Ray progressed as was expected, but the curse made it difficult for him to meet Vaden's expectations. Then a newcommer arrived.

One day while they were training, a wounded orc happened upon their camp. It was a wild, uncivilised orc, from the gulf lands no doubt. Before they had time to act an arrow shot out of the brush and fell the orc. Ray gathered the missile, it had pierced the orc right through the center of the eye. "Do you know how to fire like this?" the boy asked.

"Indeed, but I've had much longer to learn than he," said Vaden. The shape boundingthrough the distance was clearly human, to his eyes at least, he doubted Ray could tell. They'd likely find out soon however, with a little rigging of events...

20. warrior_squirrel21

Ratings:
    +181 / 0 / -0
    Vex had never been beond the point that he shot his last orc. Most nights he wondered what was past that bush but never once ventured there. Finally, one morning, he set of to find out what was there. Ever so stelthely he moved forward. He knew not what hostile things lived here. He suddenly saw, in the distance, two figures. He scuttled up a tree to get a better look. It was a boy who was about his about his age, and a male elf that was apperently aged. Slowly he drew an arrow and yelled out,"State yer name an besiness, travlers!An don touch at orc skinner cause i got an arrow on your beedy eye elf!