A little hope for The Hobbit.

Discussion in 'Debates' started by OBSERVER, Nov 22, 2003.

1. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    In related news, the promotional tour for "The Return of the King" has hit Toronto and The Canadian Press has up a great article in which they talk to the stars. Andy Serkis (Gollum) denies reports he is in talks to become the actor behind the face of King Kong, but says if he were asked he wouldn't say no. Elijah Wood (Frodo) also mentioned that an adaptation of Tolkien's The Hobbit might be possible after all.

Then there's The Hobbit, Tolkien's prequel to the Rings adventures. Wood says that while the crews in New Zealand are up for it, Jackson initially said no because he had already invested a large part of his life in the trilogy.

"At this point, Peter's now considering it because I think he just doesn't want anyone else to do it. If it's done, he knows and I think everybody else knows, that the only way to do it is to continue it in New Zealand with the same artists so that it has some sort of visual continuity to these films. So, you never know."

Now, let's have a hobbit movie section. :D

2. Turin

Turin Valar Morghulis

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure this belongs here, maybe it should be in the General Tolkine forum

3. OBSERVER

OBSERVER New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure either.

4. Tolman Muggworts

Tolman Muggworts claymore wielding hobbit

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ya, I think that the hobbit should definately be made into a movie. That would be so awesome for me to see it made. I love the hobbit!