A DnD revival thread

Discussion in 'Games Workshop' started by Vandral, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I noticed that there is very little talk of DnD on this site....... hopefully, this thread will change that. I'd like to know your favourite race, class, campaign setting, even a breif overview of your characters if you want. I'm currently playing 3.5 rules, but I know some purests like 2.0 rules better. Personally, I love playing in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting. My favourite classes are Wizard and Ranger, and my favourite race is either Sun Elf (Wizard), Gnome (Wizard/Rogue), or human.

2. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    DnD, as in traditional DnD or other Rpg's along these lines? There is much going on with Wizards of the swords Coast with DnD, and I have played warhammer quest DnD table-top which is good too.

3. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Mainly the conventional, but if you play games like R.I.F.T.S or the Lord of the Rings roleplaying game, post here anyway.

4. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...Favourite Class would most likely be a Paladin (undead hunter preferably if paladin) or a Ranger. Race...well most likely half-elf or human. Yet at times Sorcerers are fun to play around with.

5. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ahh yes DnD I have fond mempries of running short games using a strange mishmash of Basic, 1st and 2nd ed rules. Much fun was had.
    Then 3.0 came out which is better in some ways than 3.5 and wore in others. Bought the Core books when they first came out Got eh PHB on my bday rather nice.
    Themost fun I had had was with my half orc cleric, wich I made because I could Al though Bamboosh kille dmore thigs with his spear or bare hands or eh handy rock than with spells, but hey if you see several weird things flying at you how can you keep yourself from casting sleeping and stabbing them?

Do peopel actualy play Rifts? Or any Palladium game? I mean the rules or so weird in places.

But stragnly enough I prefer the Story teller games even though the rules often contradict eachother and they royally screwed up Changling.

One of the funniest things Ive ran into is the fact taht DnD is everywhere. if you have ever played the Final Fantasy gaems then you will notice item like elven cloak and what not. Taken from DnD seein ghow there are no elves in the Fianl fantasy games.

6. Vandral

Vandral Dark One Reborn

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Rifts......... man, it's been years.......... ahhh......... memories.