5 year old transgender child

Discussion in 'Every Day Debating' started by Mububban, Jul 1, 2013.

1. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    rofl over this..... :)

We never got any life skills lessons in school - unless you took a "home economics" (cooking, sewing etc) or shop class (woodworking, auto repair, electrical etc) class in high school. My mother made us do all kinds of stuff around the house... cooking, dishes, laundry, cleaning, farm chores etc. If you wanted to borrow the car on the weekend to go see your friends, you'd better ante up and get your stuff done. :D
    Honestly, I think the worst part of it is that when kids are dependent upon their parents for everything, they learn to go to their parents for every little problem. That's fine when they're toddlers and don't have the capacity or skills to problem-solve for themselves yet. It's a disaster when they're older. A little creative problem solving can steer a person around many obstacles that show up in life. A person never learns to problem-solve if someone always fixes their problems for them. :p

Anyway.... now we're off topic...lol

2. Mububban

Mububban Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +186 / 1 / -0
    We routinely remind our almost 5 year old that we're not here to be her friends, we're here to be her parents. We've seen lots of people we know raising horrible kids because they're trying to be their kid's best friend rather than an authority figure.

Not in my house :D Our kids have been told to pick up after themselves since they were toddlers. They help me cook and wash the cars and I had them using the cordless drill (with me holding it of course) to help me make something the other day. As they get older we'll be giving them jobs like stacking and unloading the dishwasher, washing clothes and hanging them out, and they'll definitely know how to vacuum, cook and change a car tyre.
    That said, we've got friends (one in particular) who fit this decryption. The mum needs to be needed, so she's made her kids all be totally dependent on her for everything. To the point that the eldest has massive anxiety issues about making a decision, not good as she's now about 10 years old.

Kids don't suddenly become adults at 18, it's a slow gradual process of drip feeding responsibility. Not that anyone let alone me is perfect, raising kids often means making it up as you go and crossing your fingers, but I don't understand how some parents get it so wrong not he basic stuff like manners and personal responsibility.

Interesting :) I'd say this is all 100% the responsibility of the parents and family to teach. Home Economics classes can be wonderful additional skills, but the basic surely must come from home.
    We've seen modern parents washing their hands of this stuff and even expecting teachers to teach their kids to be toilet trained. Wtf?!? Their usual response is "that's what teachers are paid for." Um - no. They are paid to educate on things like reading, writing, science, maths etc. Wiping bums should be a parent's job to teach!

My sister is almost 40 and still needs my parents to pay her bills for her. We are very different. Because my mum always did everything for her, and never let her fall down, my sister doesn't know how to pick herself up. She's never learnt a hard lesson, and she's almost 40, a parent, and can't do a basic household budget or look after herself. I came along 4 years later and from a child made a conscious decision to not be like her, I was a mummy's boy but I also wanted to be independent as much as possible. My sister and I are chalk and cheese as adults.

Yep….you'd think us 3 mods would know better hahaha

3. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    <3 <3 <3 this post :)

Search tags for this page

9 year old transgender emma

emma hayes transgender

enforcd transgender fantacy

name of transgender trap emma

video of transgender emma hayes