300 Weapons and Armor

Discussion in 'Fantasy Weapons and Armour' started by stevenlink1, Mar 14, 2007.

1. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know if the movie 300 has licensed out the right to make replicas of the weapons and armor in the movie? For how big it is, and how much press it got, I would be surprised if it didn't call for a line of replicas.

2. CB Swords

CB Swords Forum Administrator

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  3. SoulCatcher

SoulCatcher New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i hope they do make replicas, would be a good collection, i have seen the trailer an some of the blades they use look awesome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    that would be cool

5. Jemimus

Jemimus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  6. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    We'll be carrying these swords hopefully in about a month.

7. am.dk

am.dk Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    this sword looks very nice ,it actually looks very close to something jody samson has created.
    in that case it will be high quality full functional .and the price will be around 600 to 800 $
    at least .(just a thought).

does any one have, any closer looks (pictures ) of the spears and shields .they use in 300 ??

• Like Like x 1
  8. hoastmaster

hoastmaster New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hi there this is my first post here on this forum, nice to meet you all

i my self am a sword fighter and the worlds self proclaimed leader in ancient fighting styles and technieks, lol

um the weapons in 300 surprised me in there acuircy to the real thing and the fighting style however "troy" it was still cept me witching if the weapon is of the quality you say it is then the money is well in the price range

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Metal Master

The Metal Master New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think they'll do it eventually, but I hope soon. I loved that movie and the weapons were sweet.

10. warrior_squirrel21

warrior_squirrel21 blue is my favorite color

Ratings:
    +132 / 0 / -0
  11. CB Swords

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kakashi

Kakashi The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 0 / -0
    DAMMIT!

another reason to hate library computers. They blocked it because it contained weapons!

13. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The 300 spartans had the following gear:

1) Spartan Spear (spartan main weapon) - http://www.strongblade.com/prod/sba-spartanspear.html

The greek spear was called Doru. Although accounts of the weapon's length vary, it is usually held today to have been between 2.1 and 2.75 meter long. It was held one-handed, the other hand holding the hoplite's aspis (shield). The front spearhead was usually a curved leaf shape, while the other contained a spike called a sauroter ("lizard-killer") which was used to stand the spear in the ground (hence the name), as a secondary weapon if the main shaft snapped or for the rear ranks to finish off fallen opponents as the phalanx advanced over them.

2) Spartan Sword (spartan secondary weapon) - http://www.ccgarmory.com/300spswprre.html

The xiphos is a double-edged, single-hand sword used by the ancient Greeks. It was a secondary battlefield weapon for the Greek armies after the spear or javelin. The blade was around 65 cm long. The xiphos was good for both cutting and stabbing attacks due to its leaf-shaped blade. It was generally used only when the spear was discarded.

3) Spartan Shield - http://www.allmoviereplicas.com/300-Spartan-Shield-Prop-Replica.html

A hoplon shield was a deeply-dished shield made of wood. Often, particularly later on, it was covered in a thin layer of bronze. In some periods, the convention was to decorate the aspis; in others, it was usually left plain. Probably the most famous aspis decoration is that of the Spartans: a red capital lambda (Λ).

4) Spartan Helmet - http://www.allmoviereplicas.com/Three-Hundred-Spartan-Helmet-Museum-Replicas.html

Originated in ancient Greece and taking its name from the area of Corinth, the Corinthian helmet was a type of bronze helmet which in its later styles covered the entire head and neck, with slits for the eyes and mouth. A large curved projection protected the nape of the neck

The Spartans were most likely wearing a bronze cuirass, thought in the movie they werent.

14. Meteorain

Meteorain Magical & Mystical

Ratings:
    +150 / 0 / -0
    I think they may have not have necessarily worn bronze. The Spartans were at their height at around 450BC and the Battle of Thermopylae at 480BC, yet iron was already being incorporated into armour, helmets and shields by 800BC.

On that note, apparently it it debated whether they wore Bronze Cuirass or Iron Linothorax.

Well that's just what I've seemed to have picked up from a few various history books at home lol. Point out where I'm wrong if you know more :O

15. Aphelion

Aphelion The Mighty One

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Well.. If we talk about the equipment of ancient greek warriors, the Hoplites which were considered as heavy infantry. Hoplites generally armed themselves shortly before battle because the equipment was so heavy, I found out that the total weight of the hoplites' armour was around 50-60 pounds (22-27 kilograms). Though I'm not sure if this information is accurate, it seems fairly real to me. A hoplite typically had a bronze breastplate, a bronze helmet with cheekplates, as well as greaves and other armour, plus a bowl-shaped wooden shield called an aspis which was around 1 meter in diameter. The primary weapon was a spear around 2.7 meters in length called a doru. Hoplites also carried a sword called a xiphos.

Another information source says that the linothorax, a cuirass made of layers of linen glued together, was the dominant form of body armor in the fifth century BC. It is clear that in later periods, armor in the same shape as the linothorax was made of lamellar or scales, or quilted fabrics.

I cant say for sure but back then Greece was just a bunch of city states and lets take for example Athenes and Sparta, I think that they had their differences in the armor. Some may had the linothorax armor and others may had a bronze or copper cuirass.

16. kleko

kleko Scum of the earth

They are watching me. I know it. They are everywhe
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    So this is a tread where people express their wants and needs for swords, helmets, shields and leather thongs :p
    Great movie! And a great cartoon indeed

17. SEVENWOLVES

SEVENWOLVES GET READY FOR PUNISHMENT

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    300 Was An Awesome Movie!

18. RenEnthusiast

RenEnthusiast New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    If your still looking for 300 replicas, I know RealmCollections still carries them.

19. Shiryu

Shiryu Warrior

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lol, they even have replicas of the leather briefs at the place Ren listed. Seems like they made reproductions of about everything from the movie.

20. Greybeard

Greybeard Geezer

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    It's always better to have a leather thong and not need it than to need a leather thong and not have it.

Search tags for this page

300 weapons

300 weapons and armor

300 spartan helmet weapons
fantasy heavy infantry helmets
weapons used in 300