3-way Droid Battle

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by SunBane, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Who would win in a 3-way droid fight?

1. IG-88 (assassin droid)

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 2 droidekas (destroyer droids)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Grievous's MagnaGuards (bodyguard droids)

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    Yes it was also written in "Shadows of the Empire" how Luke constructed the lightsaber. However...call me stubborn...it stays c-canon...cause it still comes up to me how easily shaak ti defeated those things, while a more experienced Jedi like Obi-Wan or stronger like Anakin had more difficulty by defeating them. That is why I think the story of the Clone Wars might be true, but the capability of the Jedi is exagerated.

2. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ya know, only two characters in the star wars universe are described as being "cunning". They are Anakin and Shaak Ti. Anakin defeated his first magna guard in a matter of seconds; could shaak ti not have done so as well?

3. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I think we'll never know...Shaak Ti was known as a very spiritual woman, a very wise woman. I don't say she was unable to defeat Grievous, she probably had some skill with a lightsaber as she is a Jedi Master. But there are a few things on my mind, and that is the deleted scene in episode III where Shaak Ti was on board the invisible hand and killed by Grievous. She didn't give in to much effort. She probably knew it was her time to die...like I said she is very spirtual and wise. I don't think she would give up that easily so there was probably a reason.

The scene is of course a deleted scene nevertheless it's a scene made and invented by George Lucas. And I think in the book (which doesn't make it G-Canon I know, but the scene was still filmed) they moved it to the Jedi Temple where Anakin kills her while she is meditating. She still talks to him. But again she doesn't resist much to fight back.

4. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just because Shaak Ti lacks the will to fight on a few occasions says nothing about her ability to do so. Furthermore, when Shaak Ti fought the magna guards in the tunnel trying to allow Palpatine to escape, she had already faced and defeated several magna guards. Perhaps this experience is what allowed her take on so many at once.

5. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    I'm talking about he movies here, not the animated series...as I said, she is more a spiritual and wise Jedi instead of someone who fights her way through although she probably did when the problem arised. Nevertheless she knew she couldn't win from Anakin and the Clone Army, so she gives a moral speech and doesn't resist to be killed (even the database states it was Anakin who killed her, not Grievous)...now that is what I picked up from the movies and as stated these weren't deleted because it wouldn't be accurate, but because they slowed the film down. So they still are G-Canon. It apears to me she ain't the fighter as they show her to be like in the animated series.

6. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ya know, you have an excellent point there. Besides, if Anakin was not yet far enough along the dark path to murder Shaak Ti, she might well have averted the whole disaster. From Shaak Ti's point of view, that was probably the most sensible gamble.

I still think Shaak Ti was an excellent warrior. If not, how else would she have survived the battle of Geonosis while wearing that rediculously large, probably cumbersome robe?

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    excellent warrior is a big word...good yes! She must be good if she's on the Jedi council.

8. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ya know what, this is pointless.

The magna guards have only melee abilities, and IG-88 has only ranged abilities. Comparing the two droids is an inconclusive endeavor.

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    No they don't. They are trained in more weapons and have a stronger yet flexible body. And the information you have on IG-88 is even less canon than the information we have of the magna droids...

and I agree, this is pointless.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  10. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You know, physical traits notwithstanding, I wonder which of the droids has more code in his OS. On the one hand, the magna guards have to have code that executes a forray of battle movements, and which can self-script based on Grievous's training. On the other hand, IG-88 has to have code for executing battle strategies, and other procedures that allow him to act independently to locate and eliminate various targets.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    "sigh" I thought this talk was over...you said yourself it was pointless...like I said the information you have is less canon than the data we have of magna droids...and we are not talking about a battle but a duel. And in a duel the Magna Droids would stand a bigger chance than an IG-88

12. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You know, I have to say that I've never discussed to so great of a degree a topic that I cared about so little. If you read Tales of the Bounty Hunter, you see that IG-88 has the most boring backstory. He, and the other three of his model, are just rogue fighter droids, one of which goes into bounty hunting for lack of anything better to do with himself. How lame!

Alright, fine. In a fair fight, the magna guards would win. IG-88 would not be stupid enough to get himself into that situation, but in that situation, he would get pwned.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +383 / 0 / -0
    no stevenlink...the fact is I don't have the answer...and neither do you...cause if you take G-Canon as fact, then there is little we know about the Magnadroids...and there is even less we know about the IG-88's...But I'll tell you...if you completely didn't care of what is canon or not...yes IG-88 would have a great shot at winning. I hope you can live with that answer, cause I don't want to get in an arguement here.

14. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    If u look at JUST the movies, then IG 88 cant actually do anything, cause in the movie he was just a bunch of peices from the Catina put together with blaster rifles XD But anyways, this poll is based on your OPINION, not on facts. And stop arguing about canons. These droids use blasters, not canons >_>