3-way Droid Battle

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by SunBane, Sep 21, 2006.

?

Who would win in a 3-way droid fight?

1. IG-88 (assassin droid)

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. 2 droidekas (destroyer droids)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Grievous's MagnaGuards (bodyguard droids)

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Who do you think are the toughest in the star wars ep III game? Droidekas or Magna droids...Magna Droids...see? different game but same droids.

2. anna236

anna236 Modern day Anna

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Magna Droids all the way!

3. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    well, since I don't think anyone is going to reply to my post in the other forum, what if we look at these droids in a D&D point of view? If each one was a construct from Mechanus and they weilded modern, futuristic, and magic weapons, what would their ECLs be?

4. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well you can't count on games, cause in a way IG-88 is a more important character than a droideka and magna droid so of course they will make him more difficult to defeat than the two other kind of droids....so that doesn't really count, cause it's not based on the droid itself but on the importance of the character....

5. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    but D&D isn't a star wars game, so it doesn't matter if IG-88 is important or not

6. Mord

Mord The Fighters Guide House Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    droideka basicaly because of there blaster guns and sheilds

7. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    So can you tell me then which droid is the strongest in that game?

8. stevenlink1

stevenlink1 Knight of Hyrule

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ya know, I think it's safe to say that the magna guards would get pwned. If you saw the animated series on cartoon network The Clone Wars, there was a scene where, Shaak Ti was fighting several of them at a time. When disarmed, she managed to get one of their electrostaffs, with which she proceeded to beat the ever-loving crap out of the magna guards. My point is, the magna guards are designed almost only to fight Jedi, and have few combat capabilities against opponents with other types of weaponry, especially such an intelligent fighter as IG-88.

9. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    yes but in a duel...IG-88 has more things up his sleeve to help him with bountyhunting, but in a duel with a magna guard he would almost don't stand a chance cause he is very fragile and the electrostaffs would deflect the bolts he fires and they would be easily deflected cause magna guards are very well trained in fighting with a bolt...they are not as fast and efficient as Jedi tho, but anyway what you saw in Clone Wars was exagerated...Shaak Ti wouldn't stand a chance against so many magna guards

10. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Can the magna guards block lasers bolts with their electrostaffs? This is news to me. Speaking of which, have you noticed that in all the star wars movies, nobody with a red lightsaber ever has to block laserfire?

I still think IG-88 would win. Fragile you say? He's an assasin droid, specifically designed for combat. He'd thermally detonate those magna guards.

11. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    yeah of course I noticed...everbody attacks the Jedi...but the Sith are only attacked by the Jedi in the movies and Jedi only use lightsabers (except on a few occasions)
    With fragile I talk about how skinny the droid is...Magna droids are a lot heavier and have a much stronger body.

12. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah, but they have to be to wield the electrostaffs. My objection to your claims is, how could the magna guards use their electrostaffs to block lasers? It seems to not make sense for three reasons:

1. Grievous trained them himself, so he would only teach them combat regimes that they would be likely to use
    2. It would be incredibly taxing on a machine to predict the path of a blaster and move fast enough to deflect it with a weapon
    3. the reason that the phrik electrostaffs resist lightsabers is because they are incredibly dense, as evidenced by how difficult it seems for Obi Wan to swing it at Grievous' bike. How then could you effectively use them to block lasers? They're just too heavy.

13. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    But Magna Droids are strong enough (and much stronger than an IG-88) to wield such a weapon + Magna droids were trained in all kinds of combat, not just electrostaffs.

14. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    whatever, the magna guards couldn't even react to a giant hunk of metal being dropped on them by Obi Wan. How slow can a droid be?

15. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    You think an IG-88 could have done better? That thing was dropped in a second...even if Grievous was standing under it, he would barely survive.

16. SunBane

SunBane New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In Star Wars Episode V, Darth Vader, who's lightsaber blade is indeed red, blocks Han Solo's laserfire with the palm of his hand. ;)

Anyways, I think they're all pretty evenly matched. Magna Guards have a grood offense, droidekas have a grood defense, and IG-88 is an evil mastermind. But I had picked IG-88 cause he also has an amazing aresenal and could probably take out both types of robots with a demp 2 and thermal detonators.

17. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    I think he was talking that nobody with a red lightsaber blocked a blaster bolt with his own lightsaber. Besides gentlemen it's not laser...if it was laser it would be much faster.

18. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I agree, the blasters in star wars are definitely not lasers. Otherwise, they would emit in long beams, like in Star Trek, rather than contained cylinders of energy.

Anyway, I see no point continuing this argument if I cannot get you to accept the animated Clone Wars series as proper star wars canon, since the magna guards are seen much more in that series than in Episode 3.

19. Cascador

Cascador Who's Anakin?

Ratings:
    +384 / 0 / -0
    Well that is just it isn't it...it isn't canon. If you look up and see what canon mean in the star wars saga then you'll see that it isn't canon. This is what they call C-Canon. But to have the exact proof it has to be G-Canon:

G-canon is "George Lucas" canon; the six Episodes and anything directly provided to Lucas Licensing by Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely.

20. stevenlink1

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you see, it doesn't have to be G-canon. C-canon is accepted as true only if it is not explicitly contradicted by G-canon. For example:

In the clone wars series, Grievous bound up Shaak Ti in electric cords and left Coruscant without her. However, had the deleted scene of Shaak Ti being killed on Grievous' ship been included in the movie, then the actual star wars story would have to hold that Grievous brought Shaak Ti with him when he left Coruscant.

So, since the G-canon does not show that Shaak Ti did not face and defeat several Magnaguards in an effort to save Palpatine, we can accept the C-canon as true in this case. While it is not the most official source, it is good enough.

Another example of this is seen with Luke Skywalker. We know that Luke constructed his green lightsaber using parts and instructions found at Obi-Wan's home on Tatooine. We only know this because it was a part of the Star Wars radio show, which would have been held innaccurate had the movie contradicted this idea. Since the movie never addresses the construction of Luke's second lightsaber, the radio show is held as true.