2014 Short Story Contest Results

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by S.J. Faerlind, Aug 15, 2014.

1. S.J. Faerlind

S.J. Faerlind Flashlight Shadowhunter

Ratings:
    +298 / 2 / -1
    Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry. You guys are all awesome for participating and for graciously donating your time and effort to post great original content on TFF. Judging the entries was a challenge, but since it was a competition, it had to be done. Thank you also to the other 2 volunteers who helped me to judge and to the incomparable Taliesyn who graciously volunteered to donate some artwork for the winner's prize.

Drum roll please.......

This year's winner is: Lord Yuan
    Congratulations!!! I'll PM you to make arrangements to mail you your prize.
    All contestants asked for their scores and feedback to be posted publicly so I'm going to post it underneath your stories in the thread you made for them.

Overall scores were determined by adding up scores from each judge and the winner was determined by the total number of points. One judge did not submit scores, only feedback and rankings of the stories in relation to each other. I awarded bonus points (1, 2 or 3) for where your stories stood in this judge's rankings since I didn't have numbers to add to your other scores.
    Overall scores:
    Lord Yuan: 24 + 21 + 1 = 46
    GrumpyCroc: 24 + 12 + 3 = 39
    Midnattblod: 15 + 13 + 2 = 30

• Like Like x 1
  2. Firiath

Firiath Halfling barbarian

Ratings:
    +790 / 5 / -0
    Congrats! Proper good job! :D

3. Lord Yuan

Lord Yuan Death-Thousand+

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! I'd like to thank my competitors too. I would have liked to see more turnout personally but I understand that putting writing on the internet to be critiqued is no easy feat. I always get a huge rush of anxiety when I hand in papers for grading or any kind of public reading.

I'm glad Grumpy and Midnatt came through in the end and I'm hoping next year we get more competitors to challenge my streak. Community events like this are the lifeblood of the forum, I honor anybody who had input to any stage of the competition!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Midnattblod

Midnattblod Ranger of Shadow

Ratings:
    +528 / 3 / -0
    next year will be a lot better for me hopefully, I will make sure I don't procrastinate. and I now know what needs improvement