Page 1 of 24 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: the Drizzt DO'Urden movie

the man of shadows

Post the Drizzt DO'Urden movie

recently i was bored and just started googling some fantasy series ive read for there movies if they had any that is. but i came to one that i dont know if i schould be happy about or sad because of who's going to play the main character. as you can read in my thread name that i found a article by www.gamingreport.com about the new movie by dreamworks based on drizzt do'urden.

heres the article:

Reports: Dreamworks is planning to produce a film staring Drizzt Do'Urden with Wesley Snipes in the title role. The movie is still 2 years or so away. That time frame may change depending on the degree to which LOTR is a success. Get ready for a new wave of fantasy movies if LOTR is a monster smash. It's a sign of how poorly heroic fantasy movies have historically performed that there are not more imitators trying to come out around LOTR. (Yeah, yeah, Conan. Name another popular success. Ator and Hawk the Slayer don't make the cut.)Number one on the supporting cast wish list is Lawrence Fishburn as Jarlaxle. WOTC/TSR was shopping an Icewind Dales Trilogy script. I've heard the decision is between trying to film from the novel or create an original story with the characters, possibly by/with Salvatore. Huge lift for D&D, Forgotten Realms, and Role-playing in general. Dreamworks hasn't made a bad movie yet. I'd love to see their creative teams take on Heroic Fantasy.

as you can see in the article that there planning to have wesley snipes play as drizzt i dont know about anyone else but i highly disagree with this decistion because iv read all the R.A. Salvatore books and drizzt is said to be small boned and such just like all the other elves even the drow.

so i want to know everyones elses opinon on this movie and see what the real drizzt do'urden fans think.

Re: the Drizzt DO'Urden movie

Why in the nine hells would they choose him.Drizzt is a drow not a human,I mean couldnt they pick someone a little less bulky with more eld charecteristics and get he black body paint out of the box.
    Web Toon Addict-"The Amytiville toaster, make breakfast spooky, spooky talk from toaster, spooky eat me toast, yum yum yum, human hand. "

Uhhh...wtf...not who I'd pick either. Although I must say, I have no idea who I WOULD pick...
    TFF Moderator
    A woman so heartless.

Image hosting by Photobucket Noble Unraveller's Avatar

As that article is from 2001 and we haven't heard anything since I think someone saw reason...
    DOM is a state of mind.
    PMU believer and missionary
    "The attraction of solitude is not the absence of others, it's the presence of me." - Billy Connolly

Blog Entries

hehe. Good point Unraveller. I was wondering about this statement.

That time frame may change depending on the degree to which LOTR is a success.
    Head of Member Affairs - Moving at the speed of procrastination.

Image hosting by Photobucket Noble Unraveller's Avatar

Yeah, that's what led me to check the date. Basically it was something noised about while everyone was high on the LOTR production and budget.
    DOM is a state of mind.
    PMU believer and missionary
    "The attraction of solitude is not the absence of others, it's the presence of me." - Billy Connolly

The Forsaken Royal of Elysium Elan Morin Tedronai's Avatar

Well, I personnaly hope they make it. Drizzt kicks ass, and I'd love to see a movie based on the Icewind Dale Trilogy. Hopefully they WON'T cast Wesley Snipes as Drizzt.

Forum Administrator Assassin CB Swords's Avatar

Ya, old news, obviously LOTR was a monster hit and there hasn't been any other news since.

I agree about Snipes, while he is very athletic and could handle the fighting well, he does have the wrong body type.

What about that guy who played Tuvok on StarTrek Voyager?

Or, considering this was posted 4/1, it might all be a big joke.
    Chris
    Fantasy Forum Administrator
    CB Swords - LOTR Swords, Kit Rae Swords, & More.

Rather they do it on the Dark Elf trilogy since thats where it all begins,eventhough it was published 2nd.
    Web Toon Addict-"The Amytiville toaster, make breakfast spooky, spooky talk from toaster, spooky eat me toast, yum yum yum, human hand. "

Alright this is my brother and my 2 plat. Orlando Bloom and make up (lots of it)=Drizzt, who the heck would cast Lawrence Fishburn and Jarlaxle lol that is just funny, I only think Orlando Bloom would be good because of LOTR, spray paint him black and give him 2 scimitars. and about the article being like 4 years old that really doesnt matter since the man who directed Ray owned the rights to that movie for 15 yrs lol, I dont know who to cast as the other parts . well this is first forum message ever so sorry if was a lil sucky lol thanks for reading

Registered User Ranger

they probably thought of Snipes and Fishburn because of their experience with fighting in movies. Snipes is a student of Kali and Eskrima, meaning he already knows how to handle a blade.

not who i would chose as the role of the greatest fantasy charcter in the forgotten realms series

i have been checking for more info but i havent heard anything yet the only thing wesly sniped is good for is Blade

Wesley snipes is a poor choice for Drizzt. i go with Orland Bloom becuase he has used two blades before so would be more accustomed to the fighting style. they should make The Drak Elf Trilogy first though becuase going into Icewind Dale people who have never read the books would not understand anything about the characters and such.
    Last edited by Wanderer00; 04-21-2005 at 12:17 PM. Reason: mispellings

I agree with that,it would explain a lot to those who have not read the books.

Page 1 of 24 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread Information