Thread: Looking for wizard fantasy series possibly from 80s or early 90s

Looking for wizard fantasy series possibly from 80s or early 90s

Let me start by saying this is not Harry Potter, Earthsea, Shannara or Charlie Bone. I've searched high and low and have been unable to find anything about the books I am looking for.

About 15 years ago I read the first book in what I know was a series of books about a boy wizard. What I can remember about the book I read was that the boy either goes to a wizards school or becomes an apprentice to a wizard and begins training in some type of school. I remember there at the school the boy having a hard time learning how to light a candle with magic while other students can do it easily. The boy learns for a time and then goes off on some type of adventure.

I remember the book being hardback and the color of it being a pastel orange I think, along with the other books in the series being other pastel colors. I don't remember what the picture on the front of the book looked like, but I am pretty sure it had one.

I've been so desperate to find these books that I even contacted the elementary school I attended as a child to find the books but they have rotated books in the library 2 or 3 times since then.

ANY help would be VERY much appreciated. I'm desperate here, throw a guy a bone.

By the way, greetings to all, this forum looks like a lot of fun.

Re: Looking for wizard fantasy series possibly from 80s or early 90s

Hmmm...

Magician: Apperntice
    Magician: Master

(Was one book, now is 2)

Raymond E. Fiest

"It is the first book of the Riftwar Saga and was published in 1982" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magician_(novel)
    -brb, I have to return some video tapes

Nice, that is Very close to what I am looking for. I'll get a copy and give it a read and let you know if this is the one. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kudd View Post
    Hmmm...

Magician: Apperntice
    Magician: Master

(Was one book, now is 2)

Raymond E. Fiest

"It is the first book of the Riftwar Saga and was published in 1982" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magician_(novel)
    Unfortunatly, the Riftware Saga aren't the books I'm looking for. I finished reading Apprentice and now I'm about halfway through Master. Good series so far, I think I may just have to read it. Alas, my search continues for the long lost books of my childhood.

Thread Information